Re: where is macflex?

> the README on ftp.sgi.com points to ftp.eats.com but that seems to be
> down at the moment...can anyone help out with a repository holding the
> latest version?

Ummm...I'm the author of MacFlex, and it SHOULD still be available at
"ftp.eats.com" -- that machine is sitting right here next to me, and I'm
on the net OK, so I don't know what would be wrong with it.

I HAVE had reported problems accessing the machine, so if ANYONE out there
would like to help me diagnose it, I would be very interested.  I'd like
to figure out why ftp.eats.com isn't showing up for folks.

As to MacFlex -- the latest version is 1.5b2.  I'm currently still working
on an updated version which will be quite different.  MacFlex 2.0 will
work in conjunction with LaserWriter 8.5 or better, by acting as a desktop
printer just like other desktop printers.  It will support multiple
destinations, and will use the HylaFAX 4.0 protocol (instead of the old
protocol which it currently uses).

Rob
Author of MacFlex during his very small amounts of free time

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions