Setting sender's user id when running faxmail

Hi,
I set up a mail-to-fax gateway as suggested in the hylafax documentation.

My problem now is the following:

When sendmail (8.9.1) runs mailfax (or faxmail), the process is owned by root as sendmail runs as root (or daemon).
Now to get hylafax to verify user authorisation to sent a fax with the .../etc/hosts file, it needs to be invoked by the user,
of which it should check, if he is allowed to use the service. But in my configuration this is (logically) always root.
The result is that I am not able to restrict access to the service.

Does anybody know how to set the user-id to the sending user?
Should it be done in sendmail? Or is it also possible to do this in faxmail?

Please help!

 Hubert Schumacher

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions