Multi-Tech Modem problems

I have read the posts regarding problems with receiving faxes for the
Multi-Tech 2834 ZDX models.  I, however, am having problems even getting the
modem configured.  We are running HylaFAX ver 4.0pl2 on a FreeBSD (rel.
2.2.7) box, the MultiTech Modem is an MT2834ZDX with firmware ver. 3.16D.
The modem responds to kermit/cu/minicom etc.  At the end of the faxaddmodem
script the modem says that it appears hung, but then proceeds to correctly
identify the modem and make configs for it.  After running faxmodem, the
faxstate script insists that it is not configured.  Does anyone have any
advice?  I would surely appreciate it thanks.

Todd Chaney
FastParts Inc.
http://www.fastparts.com

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions