Re: sendfax invokation question

In message <19980815101205.43359@sisis.de>, Matthias Apitz writes:
>On Fri, Aug 14, 1998 at 12:57:28PM +0200, darren.nickerson@balliol.ox.ac.uk wr
>ote:
>>
>> You wrote:
>>
>> > /opt/hylafax/bin/sendfax -k "now +48 hours" -D -c "  " -r "" -x "" -y ""
>> > -d "Stan Brown"@7453195 /tmp/scan6754/fax_page_no_00001.ps
>> > sendfax: No destination specified.
>> > usage: sendfax [options] [files]
>> > (Read the manual page; it's too complicated).
>>
>> -d "Stan Brown"@7453195  is bogus, use -d "Stan Brown@7453195"
>>
>> -Darren
>
>I think "Stan Brown"@7453195 is the same as "Stan Brown@7453195":
>
>$ echo "Stan Brown"@7453195 > 1
>$ echo "Stan Brown@7453195" > 2
>$ diff 1 2
>$

Yes, thank-you to all of you who so helpfully pointed out to me how brain-dead
I was being. I will endeavour to engage my brain before letting my fingers
loose again.

I am not reading the list mail as I'm on vacation and only a few messages are
filtered to me on such occasions, so I don't know if anyone actually addressed
the problem I was trying to help Stan out with. I hope your desires to educate
me on shell expansion did not detract from the original plea for help!

-Darren

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions