Re: TrueType Fonts to AFM?

At 21:04 13/08/98 +0900, Richard Sharpe <sharpe@ns.aus.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am looking for a way to convert true type font files to AFM font files so
>I can experiment with some fonts that I have in true type for Win 95 but
>want to use with ghostscript.

Hi, Richard.

There is a program which will convert truetype fonts into postscript fonts.
Details can be found (a few months ago, now) at :

	http://www.bath.ac.uk/~ccsaw/fonts/

which is a ftp-like directory listing with a readme underneath.

It is a simple program, which produces Type 3 .pfa and .afm font files, the
afm fonts being the ones that faxmail/textfmt are interested in.

I tried it with the Garamond truetype fonts, popped the resulting .afm files
in the HylaFAX afm font directory, changed the hyla.conf 'TextFont' tag and
off we went. The output looks certainly better, IMO, than the usual Courier
or Helvetica text. Never did get round to try Wingdings...  :)

Cheers,
Phil Watkinson,
Boston, UK.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions