Re: Arlington Hewes' RPM for Linux under RedHat 5.1

In message <"mail2.zrz..990:06.08.98.15.00.47"@TU-Berlin.DE>, Sascha Ottolski w
rites:

>Thats what I think. I did install the RPM last week and it worked out of the
>box. However, a littel tweaking was necessary to get some of the statistic
>scripts running.

Great!

>The problem (and the fix) was simple: In the scripts, the logfile was called
>etc/xferstats and not etc/xferfaxstats.

Known problem, thought I had fixed all of those ;-) Will be fixed in the next
version.

>raoul@cirl.meei.harvard.edu said:
>> 3. There is an unnecessary dependency in the HylaFAX rpm on the "mawk"
>> rpm, when "gawk" is more than sufficient for HylaFAX.
>
>Hey, thanks for pointing this one out. On my stock RedHat-5.1 xferfaxstats
>produced wrong statistics (didn't make snseful things when using -since).
>After about an hour of testing I changed $AWK in setup.cache and voila, now
>the output makes sense.

I'll look into this. Thanks.

>Another small note: There seems to be a typo in the .spec-file. The output of
>rpm -qi hylafax looks like this:
>
>Name        : hylafax                     Distribution: (none)
>Version     : 4.0pl2                            Vendor: (none)
>Release     : 1rh5                          Build Date: Fri May 29 02:22:13
>1998
>Install date: (none)                        Build Host: roam
>Group       : Applications/Communications   Source RPM:
>hylafax-4.0pl2-1rh5.src.rpm
>Size        : 4774865
>Summary     : HylaFAX(tm) is a sophisticated enterprise strength fax package
>Description :
>HylaFAX(tm) is a sophisticated enterprise-strength fax package for
>class 1 and 2 fax modems on unix systems. It provides spooling
>services and numerous supporting fax management tools.
>The fax clients may reside on machines different from the server
>and client implementations exist for a number of platforms including
>windows.
>
>#%package man
>#Group:         %{group}
>
>#%description man
>#This package includes the [uncompressed] man pages for %{name}.
>#
>#%package man-gz
>#Group:         %{group}
>#Provides:      %{name}-man
>
>#%description man-gz
>#This package includes the compressed man pages for %{name}.
>#
>#Note:  helptool obviously cannot search in compressed man pages [but
>#       curiously enough, it can search in compressed info pages !?].
>#       Use the uncompressed ones, if this is not what you want.
>#       The glimpse-rman-tkman combo e.g. can search compressed man pages.
>#
>#%package htmldoc
>#Group:         %{group}
>#
>#%description htmldoc
>#This package includes the html documentation for %{name}.

Yes, that's because I've left all that crud in until I finalise the RPM. Which
I hope to do tomorrow during a 6-hour flight! :-)

>But anyway, its a great package, thanks for the effort to build it!

Lots of names in the RPM change log, I'm just the most recent idiot ;-)

-DPN

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions