Re: Q: Retrain Negative -- Giving up after 3 tries?

Hi Robert,

> You could hand edit the info file to force 2400.  A reducing requirement on
> each retrain would presumably do the same thing.

Yup, tried that. Even locked it down (with an &). This did cause the
transmission to occur at 2400, however the RTNs and retransmissions
were still there. It seems therefore that the encoding error is
introduced into the data stream regardless of the info file setting. I
am still puzzled why the "sendfax -B 2400" should not also cause the
encoding error. If anyone knows how all the multiple levels of
configuration (info files, command line parms, destctrls,
user-specific configs etc) all work together and what takes precedence
over what and when, I would be very grateful for a detailed
explanation. Wading through the source is very un-enlightening.

Also fiddled around with Class2Modem::sendPhaseB() to make HylaFAX
actually train down, on receipt of an RTN (something like how it
currently handles RTP -- why they are handled differently is beyond me).
Specifically lowering the speed with info.setMaxSignallingRate( BR_2400 )
had no affect. Perhaps HylaFAX can't alter the speed once a connection
is established?

> Very much thanks David!! - the protocol analyzer really helped to sort out
> the problem.   i might even go buy some Telstra shares ;-)
>
> Now i guess the main problem is to find tag line bug.

It would be great if you could fix that bug -- good luck.

David

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions