Re: Sending to a line shared between voice and fax

Hi,

you might have the same problem I have: While dialling, the modem sends
its beep-tones to tell the other side it wishes to send a fax, but once
someone
picks up the phone and says something, the beeps stop...
Has anyone a solution to this problem?

Greetings
  Jens

Ronald Greenberg wrote:

> Is it supposed to be possible with my FlexFAX (circa 1994) or a more up
> to date HylaFAX to send faxes to a line that is shared between voice and
> fax?
> The line has an answering machine on it that says to leave a message at
> the tone or to proceed with a fax now.  Presumably, when it hears my fax
> machine,
> it is supposed to switch the call to the receiving fax machine.
> Presumably, if a person answers instead of the answering machine, they
> also have
> a way to switch the call to the receiving fax.  I've succesfully sent to
> this line before by putting paper into an ordinary fax machine, but when
> I send something via sendfax, I get a response of "No carrier
> detected".  Can I change the outcome by altering the line in
> /usr/spool/fax/etc/config.cua0
> that says
>
> ModemDialCmd:                DT%s@           # T for tone dialing, @ for
> silence
>
> or by adding some codes to the phone number used in the sendfax
> command?  Please CC me on any responses to the mailing list, because I
> don't ordinarily
> read it (but I've searched diligently in the FAQ on the web).
> --
>
> Ronald I. Greenberg     (Ron)           rig@math.luc.edu

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions