Can't figure out destctrls ?

Hello,

I'm having some difficulty with the per-destination controls
of HylaFAX. Specifically, I want to restrict the transmission
speed for certain fax numbers, but I can't get any of the controls
to work, except the "RejectNotice" parameter.

My etc/config file looks like this:

LogFacility:            local6
CountryCode:            61
AreaCode:               3
LongDistancePrefix:     0
InternationalPrefix:    0011
DialStringRules:        etc/dialrules.europe
ServerTracing:          0x02001
MaxDials:               3
MaxTries:               3
ModemClass:             fax:.*[01]
ModemClass:             pager:.*[01]
DestControls:           etc/destcontrols

and my etc/destcontrols file looks like this:

*911$  RejectNotice="Calls to emergency numbers are not permitted"
.*      DesiredBR=2400

which is almost exactly the same as the example in the destctrls
man page. However, I can't manage to cause the actual fax speed
to change from the default of 9600. I have tried various permutations
such as:

*      desiredspeed=2400
.*      desiredspeed=0

and so on, but nothing has any effect. I have also played
with the MaxDials parameter, and similarly nothing I do has
any effect on the fax transmission.

Please does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

thanks
David

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions