RE: How to limit compressoion to 1-D ?

As of Win98 it is Kodak Imaging as opposed to Wang Imaging which is why I
called it only 'Imaging'. I have so far found it to be able to read any fax
that is sent without any hassles.

As for PSP I use v5 and it doesn't get the vertical resolution right at all
and is therefore useless so I wouldn't expect an earlier version to work
(but you never know, considering it is windows software). Do you have access
to Corel PhotoPaint. I have v7 and it has been able to read everything I
throw at it but only the first page.

Last but not least. If you use tiff2ps on the Linux box is it then viewable
in Ghostview? This is a last resort that has _never_ failed me. In fact I
have just about had enough of tiff files and when I have time will modify
the faxrcvd script to convert the tiffs to ps and dump the original tiff.

Hope this helps in some way. Let me know how it goes.

Andrew Radke.

> Thank You for Your response !
>
> Which could not help the problem. I tried PsP 4.10, Wang Imaging from
> Windows (which You mentioned as Imaging) and Adobe Photoshop. On the
> Linux side gimp is not capable of those facsimilies as
l(
> shows only black
> pages). The only programm I found working is from KDE package it is named
> kfax.
>
> > bit. For the moment (ie until I get some more time to look at
> it) I save any
> > fax I do want printed then use Paint Shop Pro to print it.
> Annoying but it
> > works for the moment.
> >

> > > is there any opportunity to limit the compression of (received)
> > > faxes to 1-D
> > > compression or to convert them immediatedly after receiveing them ?
> > >
> > > Reason is that we have no viewer for our Windows 95 clients which
> > > is capable
> > > of showing 2-D decoded faxes. A hint for a Windows-based viewer
> > > which could
> > > be used for these faxes is apreciated as well.
> > >
> > > Configuration:
> > > first machine
> > > Elsa MicroLink 33,6 TQV
> > > Linux kernel 2.0.33 (S.u.S.E)
> > > Hylafax 4.0pl2
> > >
> > > second machine
> > > ZyXEL 1496 E (FW 6.11)
> > > Linux kernel 2.0.33 (S.u.S.E)
> > > Hylafax 4.0pl2
> > >
> > > Martin U. Haneke
> > > Haneke Systemtechnik
> > > E-Mail: mhaneke@t-online.de
> > > Tel:+49 30 7570 2990
> > > Fax.: +49 30 7570 2991
> > >
> > > PgP Fingerprint:
> > > 3A84 79EA 7378 6931 A772  C9AB 51DC 0736 98EB 5FC9
> > >

> Martin U. Haneke
> Haneke Systemtechnik
> E-Mail: mhaneke@t-online.de
> Tel:+49 30 7570 2990
> Fax.: +49 30 7570 2991
>
> PgP Fingerprint:
> 3A84 79EA 7378 6931 A772  C9AB 51DC 0736 98EB 5FC9

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions