Re: Question about HylaFax and using modem pools..

Satish,

	We've been using a 3Com Total Control chassis for about 4 months
now, and it was supposed to be an 'upgrade' from our previous fax modem
pool, which consisted of a variety of desktop modems.  Unfortunately, I
personally can't recommend the Total Control chassis at this time.  We're
experiencing a large number of "communication error in phase B/C" errors,
which is an in-between fax-page timeout at the AT+FDT command.  (class
2.0) I've been working with 3Com's tech support in an attempt to solve
this problem, however, no results yet.  On the plus side, however, this
chassis has proven to be 'wedge-proof';  i.e., I've not had to reset any
of the modems manually, which was something I occasionally had to do with
desktop modems.

	You might consider a MultiTech chassis.  I don't know the exact
part numbers, but I know they sell a chassis.  I've had very positive
results with desktop MT1432's, and encouraging results with an even older
MT244.  In addition, MultiTech modems have been recommended for use with
Hylafax for quite some time.  Perhaps some other users have MultiTech
chassis experience?

Regards, Dave

On Mon, 27 Jul 1998, Satish Joshi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering whether anyone has successfully  used HylaFax with modem
> pools like 3COM Total Control and/or Ascend Max product line.
>
> Thanks.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions