Problems submitting very large Number of jobs sequentially

Hello !

We are using hylafax to send information to our customers. Normally
about 500 faxes/day.

>From time to time we have to send more than 5000/day. Before sending we
generate all the .tif´s and
then call a batch-programm that submit´s all the faxes sequentially.
After some time
submitting becomes slower and slower and CPU-Usage by faxq gets higher:

ps -aux | grep faxq

uucp      5139 24.0  2.1  2552  1348  ?  R    Jul 21 631:16
/usr/sbin/faxq

We are using 200MHz Pentium Pro with 64MB of RAM and 12GB of Harddisk,
so this
should not be the problem. After 1500 jobs in the queue, the time
between two submitted jobs
is about 7-10 seconds.

Is there a way to change this ?

Regards,

Christoph Stotz
logo: GmbH

PS: I´m suspecting that it could by a "low memory" problem, but I do not
understand whay hylafax
should use 50 MB of RAM for 1500 jobs ???

PPS:

Linux 2.0.30
Hylafax 4.0pl

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions