TIFFs displaying and printing at half height

Okay, firstly let me say that I've probably missed something very obvious
but for the life of me I can't work it out. That said...

I have a fully functional setup of HylaFAX, except for this one thing. Some
(most) faxes print out at half height. I am presently trying a different
modem, but all of a sudden no-one seems to want to fax me anything :-(. The
thing is that Corel Photo Paint 7 prints the TIFFs perfectly but can't read
past page one of a multy page fax. Every program I have tried that can read
multi-page TIFFS prints them out half hieght.

So it appears that my main question is... Is it the modem or the software
I'm using to view the TIFFs. Or am I just stupid and have missed something
really basic in the HylaFAX setup process.

Configuration:
  Slackware Linux 3.4
  Kernel 2.0.34
  hylafax-v4.0pl2