Re: problems with faxrcvd script...

Hi! :)

thanks for the response.  i've tried doing a cp $FILE /tmp/fax(made sure
that directory existed) and it did nothing.(that is, did not copy the
file)  so i dunno.  that is what is confusing me(as to why it is not
working) because that right there isn't exactly rocket science, but it
does not work, none the less.

any more/other ideas?
Josh

On Thu, 23 Jul 1998, Jonathan Chen wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Josh Duncan wrote:
>
> [snip]
> > so here's where i looked to put it:
> >
> >          echo ""
> >          $FAX2PS $FILE 2>/dev/null
> >          echo ""
> >          echo "--$MIMEBOUNDARY--"
> >         ) | 2>&1 $SENDMAIL -ffax -oi $SENDTO
> >     fi
> > ---my stuff inserted here-----
> > else
> >     #
> >     # Generate notification mail for a failed attempt.
> >     #
> >

> > now, i put my three lines there, but nothing gets executed.
>
> Looks like a good place to put your local stuff. Just exactly what are
> you doing? Have you checked directory permissions, path considerations?
> Does:
> 	cp $FILE /tmp
> work?
>
> Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>
>                       "Everything in excess, moderation is for monks!"

----
Josh Duncan
duncan@msmd.org

God's like Comet(TM), nothing cleans better.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions