configure question - new setup

Hello,

I'm trying to configure hylafx (4.0p12-1) on linux (2.0.34), and I'm
sorry to say I'm having some basic difficulties that reading the manuals
has not cleared up for me (because I'm new to linux and communications
software?).  Please help if you are willing.

I start hfaxd, then faxgetty.

Faxgetty fails to setup teh modem.  The modem is set up correctly;
minicom works fine.  What am I doing wrong?

Sorry this query is so vague.

Messages logged by faxgetty:

 OPEN /dev/modem
 /dev/modem: Can not initialize modem.
 CAUGHT SIGNAL 2
 CLOSE /dev/modem
 OPEN /dev/modem
 /dev/modem: Can not initialize modem.
 Unable to setup modem on /dev/modem; giving up
 MODEM /dev/modem appears to be wedged
 MODEM WEDGED: bin/wedged "modem" "/dev/modem"
 CLOSE /dev/modem

Message from faxstat:

  Can not reach server at host "localhost.localdomain", port 4559.

THanks,

     Michael Blaustein
     mblauste@CapAccess.org

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions