Paging Terminal Support progress

Well,

Here's what I've learned in the last 48 hours.

So far that C++ is the worst langauge to read cold
turkey on earth.. I'd get further faster with gibberish.

I can't understand why people say its "better" than C..
sounds like a Redmond thing.

There "is" a way to enable syslog tracing.. and I've
disabled quite a few of the redundant modem initialization
procedures.. and gotten down to a point where it's
saying

PAGE FAILED: No initial ID response from paging central

I checked the binary digits coming from paging central and
they are the correct number (with no extra spaces).

I suspect the putModem command isn't working properly,
perhaps because the serial port wasn't opened by some
obscurely named function.. boy notes in the code
sure would help... but now I know what clean code means..
no notes...

I've confirmed that termios.h was used.. but it looks to
be called from another bit of code relating to the "modem class?"

My next task is confirm there is a way to trace the session..
the docs online are very sketchy at best on this.. i.e. they
say it can be done, but not how... some of my worst memories
of college were of people who forgot what it was like not
knowning something and then repeatedly not explaining things..

still working on it.. should make a nice book when I'm finished.

jtw

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions