Re: now, for the windows client :/

Hello,

Well, I knew I forgot something in my last post.  Here's thecontents of
the file:

localhost
127.0.0.1
#^.*@.*\.rand\.com$:::   this would match any user at any host within
#                        the rand.com domain
^.*@*\.rand\.com$:::

as you can see, I figured taht the entry would match every host in the
rand.com domain(of which I am in a subnet of)  what I basically want it to
do is to accept faxes from any host on our network(all hosts are in
.rand.com) without caring about username, user id, or any kind of
password.

when i go on the whfc client box, i try logging in with my username and no
password, it asks that I must supply a password.(wont let me do anything
if i dont) if i do enter in a password, say a single space, then it tells
me the password is incorrect.

so, any more ideas?  i wish i could look into our logs, but they're
empty(logging facility levels specified in hylafax docs give me syslog
errors, unknown logging level etc)

cheers,
Josh

On Tue, 16 Jun 1998, Jonathan Chen wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Josh Duncan wrote:
>
> > i run whfc.  i set it up for the modem server okay, and it can talk to the
> > modem server.  I set up access in the modem server so that no user would
> > need a password to print, but the client still asks me for a password.  if
> > i provide one, it gives me an erorr(obviously, wrong password) if i dont
> > provide one, it gives me an erorr that i must login with user and pass.  i
> > would really like to avoid this(having to enter in a password)  is there
> > something i am doing wrong, or is it just the client that I am using?
>
> What are the contents of /var/spool/fax/etc/hosts? Have you set this
> up correctly with reference to the hosts(4) man-entry?
>
> > from the program, what i want t do and hope that i can, but dont know how
> > to do is this: have people be able to print, from say word or excel, by
> > selecting the fax printer, and that would send the fax(based on
> > configuration in whfc, and probably some user-entered string as to where
> > to send it to, details etc)  does anyone have any idea of what im talking
> > about or how to do it, or suggestions for what you have done that may be
> > similar to this?
>
> Essentially, that's what whfc does.
> Jonathan Chen                                 <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>

----
Josh Duncan
duncan@msmd.org

God's like Comet(TM), nothing cleans better.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions