Problem with fax-out server

Hello all,

I am running hylafax v4.0pl2 on a sun sparcstation 10 with solaris 2.6
installed.  It was compiled with GCC 2723.  THe modem I am currently
trying to use with it is a Telebit WorldBlazer.  The PROM revision on the
modem is LA7.05C, it is tied to /dev/cua/b(port service to cua/b has been
disabled through the admintool before-hand)

My problem is this:I ran the setup stuff after installing hylafax, I
assume that by following all the defaults I would have been given a
configuration that I could use for faxing out.  However, when I try to fax
out(via sendfax -n -d <localnumber> /etc/services, for example)  There is
no activity.  the documents get queued into the /var/spool/fax/docq
directory, but no modem activity takes place.

I have tried it with both software and hardware flow control being set in
the config file(via the config.cua_b file in the etc dir) and ive tried
various session and server logging options(well, 1 and 262143 which is
basically all of them, if i understandthe format of that line correctly)
However, every time i run the hylafax daemons the information logged to
system logs is the same: it says that the hylafax protocol server is
starting for snpp, old and new protocol versions.  after that, nothing,
unless i have something wrong in the config file, then it gives me a
syntax error.(ive played with the syslog.conf file to  try to log more
items, and it showsthe same(even after a kill-HUP to the syslogd daemon))

when i do a faxstat i get this:
# /usr/local/bin/faxstat cua/b
HylaFAX scheduler on bedrock: Running

when i do a faxstate i get this:
# /usr/local/sbin/faxstate /dev/cua/b
FIFO._dev_cua_b: open: No such file or directory

The second one seems to me like it might be the problem, that the device
wasn't configured on boot(this is solaris, it's finicky like that)  Can
someone confirm or deny this for me, or offer other suggestions of what
you think it is?

Thanks in advance for any help yo ucan give me,
Josh
(p.s.-i would have rebooted the machine before and reconfigured to see if
that one error goes away, but its a network server here, not an easy thing
to do.  i will be doing that this evening though and if that fixes the
problem I will keep everyone updated.)

----
Josh Duncan
duncan@msmd.org

God's like Comet(TM), nothing cleans better.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions