faxgetty and mgetty on Linux

Hi,

   I wish to use mgetty and vgetty to handle my incoming voice and data
calls.   Has anyone done this successfully?   If so, could you pass on the
options you pass to mgetty and the config file for mgetty.

   The main problem I am trying to solve is that by the time mgetty is
invoked, the modem has already been answered, and therefore doesn't need to
handle any responses from the modem but needs to know connection speeds
etc.   I am also not sure how to setup the config file for this.   All the
examples assume the modem is being answered.

   I am using Linux 2.0.33 on Slackware.

   Thanks for any help

   Geoff

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions