Multitech CNG tones?

Folks,

I'm seeing some odd behaviour with the CNG (fax beep tones) my modem
(MT28xxZDX) is sending when going off-hook to deliver a fax. They often do not
last long enough to be detected by the destination fax, assuming it rings once
or twice before answering. Strangely the modem will happily wait for the
remote machine to start warbling, but will itself have gone completely silent
after maybe one, occasionally two CNG beeps.

I want to beep for longer! ;-)

I've been through the AT command references for the MT28xxxZDX modems, with no
hint of the parameter to twiddle, can anyone help?

-Darren

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions