Re: HylaFAX accounting?

  s> Look at what I have done in logging sent faxes in mySQL database. Entire
  s> code is in www.tcx.se in Contributions directory, and it all reports are
  s> in WWW format. It has several reporting features !!

Found it at ftp://www.tcx.se/pub/mysql/Contrib/hylalog-1.0.tgz

  s> All I need to add is :

  s> 1. A table which would relate hosts to people or companies !!!!!

  s> 2. A table with pricing !!!

  s> 3. 3 reports (30 minutes per report for me to write) for accounting in
  s> given period

  s> I have also written an aplication for switching boards (for phone calls
  s> accounting), which can be connected to this one to have real costs. For
  s> this to work you must have a switching board connected to a server by
  s> serial cord. I did it for Bosch and Panasonic !!

  s> What do you say about the idea ??

Wow, fantastic. I've looked at the current code. Looks great if HylaFAX and
SQL are on the same machine and both running. I'm hoping to deploy something
which can keep track of remote machines though, and will be self-healing . . .
something which can run on distant servers in developing countries and
tolerate connectivity problems etc. Had you thought of how this might be
handled? Perhaps if the stuff in faxSendApp.c++ failed to connect to a remote
(master) sql server, could it perhaps fall back to the local server and log
there. Then when the link came back up the central SQL server could check in
with the remote machine and rationalise the database?

Forgive me - though I have mysql installed and running now I'm still new to
the world of relational databases, perhaps rationalising them is not so easy.

I think your package belongs in the hylafax contrib directory - perhaps
someone will tell you how do to that, or add your package themselves? *hint*

Oh, and those feature you mention wanting to add, they sound very useful. ;-)

-Darren

PS - Sorry for so much list traffic - I'll shut up now.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions