Re: permission: can't retrieve fax on ftp at port 4559

> Whenever I try to retrieve the fax in quiestion I am prompted with the
> following sytem message:
>
> 	ftp> get fax00004.tif
> 	550 fax00004.tif: Operation not permitted.

As far as I remember, only people logged in with hylafax administrator
status can read incoming faxes (the system cannot know who they are
intended for - if it did, the mechanisms for mailing to them would
probably be more appropriate - as it doesn't, it can only provide them
to a trusted user without risking compromising confidential information.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions