Re: Priority running too high.

Tim Rice wrote:
<snip>

> > looks like the common CONFIG_OPENFIFO problem (but never saw this
> > in faxgetty(1M) before); what is fd 1 for a file?
>
> I couldn't find an open() on fid 1 in the truss output so I guess it's stdout.
>
> I recompiled with  ./configure --with-CONFIG_OPENFIFO=O_RDWR
> and it seems to work again.

Not here. After about 15 seconds it went back to hogging the cpu.

`ps -e |grep fax` : Shows <pid> TS 0 3:10 faxgetty

Which should be TimeShared priority 0 and used 3 min 10 sec of cpu time
and only up
for less than 4 minutes!

> >       matthias
> >
> >     With faxgetty running rtpm(1M) shows
> >           CPU:
> >         100 %u+s
> >           0 %w+i
> >          54 %usr
> >          46 %sys
> >           0 %wio
> >           0 %idl
> >
> >     With no faxgetty.
> >           CPU:
> >           1 %u+s
> >          99 %w+i
> >           1 %usr
> >           0 %sys
> >           0 %wio
> >          99 %idl
> >
> >     I hate it when OS upgrades break things. It worked good on 2.1.2
> >     I'm going to recompile HylaFAX from scratch to see if that makes any
> >     difference.
<snip>
My rtpm agrees in principle with yours. I did also notice the number of
calls went to about 25K and IP errors ( 2 sec updates).

If you have any other suggestions, please, let me know.

Jim

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions