Re: How to activate inbound fax during special hours?

On Thu, 7 May 1998, Ali Reza Naddaf wrote:

> Hi everyone. I just installed HylaFax4.0 on my Linux box (red hat). I only
> have one phone line and I like to use it as a normal phone line (manual
> voice answer) during the day (i.e. I don't want HylaFax to answer the
> incoming calls) and I want to "turn hylafax on" during nights
> for receiving faxes. What's the appropriate setup?
> Many thanks, Ali.

Turn on faxgetty by hand or from a cron script at night, kill it off
in the morning. Alternatively, edit faxgetty from the inittab and do a
kill -HUP 1 when needed for the same effect.

			Nico Garcia
			Senior Engineer, CIRL
			Mass. Eye and Ear Infirmary
			raoul@cirl.meei.harvard.edu