Re: Missing ':' separator

At 11:17 08/05/1998 +0200, Uwe Schmeling wrote:
>Hi!
>Can someone tell me a workaround for the "Missing ':' separator in modem
>class specification" problem. Thanks in advance and regards

Well, there isn't a workround because there isn't a problem.

Wolfgang was probably using the ModemClass parameter incorrectly. It does
not define whether the modem is class 1, 2, or whatever, but to define
a name for a set of modems. ( Perhaps 'ModemSet' or 'ModemGroup' would
be better description for this config parameter ).

If you have only one modem, or not interested in this advanced feature, then
leave the ModemClass parameter out of the modem config ( eg config.ttyS1 )
file.

I'm sorry I cannot help with your other problem with the Assertion failed
"Invalid Str[] index" message, except to say that if you are compiling from
source
on RedHat 5.0 you need patches; if you are using the binary rpm, you need the
HylaFAX-4.0-8.i386.rpm package (or is this what you are using?).

mfG,        <---- what does this mean? Hopefully something like
Regards/Cheers/Bye
Phil Watkinson,
Boston, UK.