RE: Modem error 51

On Wed, 29 Apr 1998, Marcelo Barth wrote:

> Look closer, I executed that whole line in
> cu -l tty02 and the modem responded "OK"
>
> The error number is 51 not 5 which if I am correct is some kind of
> network error.  My modem is set up via a network based terminal server.
> After I discovered this I went back into the documentation and
> discovered a flag in the config.site "CONFIG_NOREOPEN" it was set to
> "yes" so I set it to "no" cleaned up the objects and recompile.

If I recall correctly, HylaFAX doesn't work too good with ports
connected to a terminal server. The port-mode translation over the
network gets lost; and HylaFAX really requires fine control over the
port.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>
The Internet: an empirical test of the idea that a million monkeys

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions