RE: faxgetty

On Mon, 6 Apr 1998, JOHN PRICE wrote:

> > > I've downloading the source files hylafax-v4.0pl2-tar.gz and
> > > tiff-v3.4-tar.gz, and installed both.
> > >
> > > However, after I make, and make install, there is no "faxgetty".  Am I
> > > suppose to get that from someplace else?  I see the man pages for it,
> > > but nothing else.
> >
> > What operating system, and did you set anything in config.dist or
> > config.local? Where does the man page for faxgetty say that it
> > got stashed?
> >

> Red Hat 5.0, 2.0.33 kernel on a i486.  I don't have a config.dist or
> config.local file.  The man page says that it is in /usr/sbin/faxgetty,
> where I told ./configure to put it.

Then it should be there. Did you use the various patches posted for
HylaFAX under RedHat Linux, such as my set at
	http://cirl.meei.harvard.edu/hylafax/patches/

> What I don't understand is that "ls -R | grep getty" only gives me the
> faxgetty.1m man pages.  Shouldn't there be a faxgetty.c or faxgetty.c++?

Try "ls -R | grep -i getty". Did you make your setup as purely a client
or something? There should be a faxgetty executable after running
"make".

			Nico Garcia
			Senior Engineer, CIRL
			Mass. Eye and Ear Infirmary