Re: TPC-OPER: Re: Large number of errors with Hylafax and ZyXEL Omni modem

On Thu, 2 Apr 1998, David Woolley wrote:

> The problem, I suspect, is that it treats 8250 type UARTs (emulation, not
> chipset, now) as though they were any other type, and uses interrupt enable

unless you run setserial and tell it it is an 8250, doesn't it pick it up
as a 16450?

In any case, who still uses 8250 UARTs? I thought they made it a criminal
offense to posses such equipment in this day and age. ;-)   *duck*

But seriously, the last time I saw an 8250 UART was on a single-port
serial board I bought for my 10MHz 8088-based XT a good few years ago.

I'm running my fax off a Microcom 288s modem connected to a port on a
Cyclades 8-port intelligent multi-port serial card. Originally I was using
on-board serial ports (i think 16552 uarts) which worked like a charm as
well.

Regards
Greg
Gregory Massel         CyberSurf Technologies
greg@csurf.co.za         Tel: +27 31 207-3034
PGP-key on request       Fax: +27 31 207-6749
Cell number on request   a/h: +27 31  81-4273