Re: processing queued faxes

Thomas Erhardt wrote:

    I'm running
            hylafax-v4.0pl2
            gcc 2.7.2.3
            Linux 2.0.27
            Zyxel U-1496E 2.0 (don't know firmware version)

    Problem description:
            I've set up a mail2fax-Gateway.
            Mails sent to the GW are placed correct in the sendq directory.
            The Problem is: The queued mails do not get processed.
            (According to the log files)

            I think the problem has something to do with the modem.
            When running 'faxststate -' it says:
    	HylaFAX scheduler on zeus.centaur.de: Running
            Modem ttyS1 (+49.7131.XXXXXX): Waiting for modem to come ready
                                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
            JID  Pri S  Owner Number       Pages Dials     TTS Status
            1    127 W    fax 07131XXX      0:0   0:12

            I get the 'Waiting for modem to come ready' message also, when the
            modem is switched off !!!

Yes, if you switch off the modem, HylaFAX is also waiting for
the modem to come ready. That's not the problem. The problem
is that the modem is switched on and HylaFAX is waiting.

            I think the serial connection is o.k. cause I can use minicom
            (terminal prog) to dial out successfully
            Switching off and on again (the modem) doesn't change anything!

     	I set ServerTracing and SessionTracing to '0x11' (in
    	/var/spool/fax/config) and Verbose to 'yes' (in
    	/usr/local/lib/fax/hyla.conf)

set ServerTracing and SessionTracing to 0x0f (check the man
config(4F)) and set both values also in the *modem* config file
/var/spool/fax/config.tty.....

    	When trying to send a fax via mail I only see:

    	Feb 20 16:48:27 zeus HylaFAX[6643]: Filesystem has SysV-style file
    	creation semantics.
    	Feb 20 16:48:28 zeus FaxQueuer[6623]: SUBMIT JOB 2

    	Nothing about trying to dial out....

    	Any Ideas ???

    	btw, is there a command to force queued faxes to be
    	processed (like sendmail -q)?

read the manual of faxalter(1);

	matthias

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions