Running doc conversions on server?

I have a need to send PDF files from one server to another (the latter
running HylaFAX) for sending.  I've read the docs on sendfax, and have
modified the typerules file appropriately to invoke acroread to do the
PDF-to-PS conversion automatically.

My problem is that the conversion runs on the client side.  The conversion
can be enough of a load that the sending server suffers.  I'd like to
offload the PDF conversion onto the other server, since it already has the
s/w installed and is better able to handle the load.

Is it possible to get hfaxd or faxq to invoke the conversion before pstofax?
Ideally, I'd like to define the process using direct communication to hfaxd
through Net::FTP, but sendfax would work too.

Thanks in advance for any hints or advice.
-Alan

Alan Sparks, IS Engineering Support
<asparks@nss.harris.com>
Harris Network Support Systems, Camarillo CA     (805) 389-2430

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions