Re: Lowest cost routing

> How do I set up lowest cost routing for Hylafax, I have 25 locations
> country wide on a router network. I can justify the hardware costs to
> implement Hylafax, if I can do lowest cost routing between the Hylafax
> platforms on each of these sites.

There is no ability within HylaFAX itself.  I would think it would not be
too hard to put a frontend in that does the calculations.  Especially if
you have a fairly defined usage patter ( not too likely I realize ).

Your program could just figure out which cell should service this request,
the set the FAXSERVER environment appropriately, then call sendfax.

As manual and gross as it is, something as simple as a file with the format

1403	calgary		# anything destined for 1(402) send to "calgary"
1715222	server1		# anything destined for 1(715)222 send to "server1"
1715333 server1
17153332525 server4	# anything destined for 1(715)333-2525, send to server4
			# for some strange reason
1	biteme		# anything not in this file, send to server "biteme"

A list such as this could get as specific to exchanges, or as general as an
area code.  A simple program could read through & figure out the "best fit"
for a particular destination, set the FAXSERVER environment variable, and
call sendfax.  Off to the races.

Oh yeah, the dialrules files for each site would have to know to strip of the
LD component of the phone number to deliver locally.

I have an example of that if necessary.

Good Luck,
--
	Steve Williams, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
	Genie Computer Systems Inc.

"A man doesn't begin to attain wisdom until he recognizes that he is
 no longer indespensable."
- Admiral Richard E. Byrd ( 1888-1957 )

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions