Faxing using Multiple modems.

Hi,

I am a new user of FlexFax on RS6000 AIX. I have 5 modems hooked up to my
RS6000.

I have 5 fax daemons running like so:
  faxd -m /dev/tty3
  faxd -m /dev/tty4....and so on.

When I do a faxstat -a I see all the fax servers running and idle.

So I submit from the same machine on which the fax server is running about 10
fax jobs.

I do a faxstat -a and the behaviour I see is that the fax server sends one
fax while the rest are all blocked.

I suppose the sendfax program converts the .ps file to fax format one at a time
but once its done it should then put it on one of the modem  queue and then convert the
next job and put it on a different modem...

I was hoping to use multiple modems to work simultaneously. I also tried the
following.

 faxd -q [sendq directory 1] -m /dev/tty3
 faxd -q [sendq directory 2] -m /dev/tty4....and so on...

 but did not help.

 Perhaps there is some other configuration file that needs to be changed.

 I would appreciate any help on this.

 Thank you

 Shakeel Lodi

 slodi@nortel.com