Re: hylafax sendfax disconnecting after negotiation

> > > Eric, I'm having a problem with HylaFax 4.0.. I'm using the Redhat RPM
> > > hylafax-4.0-6.i386.rpm version.  I saw your note about 'sendfax' problems
>
> i got exactly the same problem 2 weeks ago....
> someone told me that it was due to the firmware of Class2.0 USR modem (i have a

I think that was me; I think you copied this to the wrong person, i.e.
not the person likely not to be on the list.

> SO ...i would want to know if there is a more elegant solution, in order to
> avoid Class1 parameters... is there a new release of a configuration file
> for USR Class2 or Class2.0 modems?

>From the examples I've seen, including one that arrived here this
morning (should really have gone to the list), the firmware starts sending
gibberish, mixed with valid output.  If any software works with it,
the chances are it does so because it is ignoring a lot of the protocol
and only looking for a few key events.  I don't think you can configure
Hylafax to do a sloppy job like that.  The fix is to replace the modem
or firmware.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions