Using the computer as fax-server/answering machine

Hello.

I am currently using HylaFAX v4.0pl1-12 on a Linux machine (SuSE 5.1).

Now I do want to use the same computer as an answering machine.

I read something about "adaptive answering support" in which the
faxgetty hands over the communication line if the incoming call is
contain data (as opposed to fax).

Is it possible to do the same for incoming voice calls ?

and how do I set up a answering machine ? (are there some
installation-guides available ?)

I do have a "Voice-Modem" (well, at least thats printed on the package).

Thanks

Thomas
--

Thomas Wimmer                    | When you're in a fight with an idiot,
http://lcars.wh.uni-stuttgart.de | difficult for other people

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions