Re: textFmt problem

Hi Martin,

The first thing i would look at is your Font-Metric files, if you've got a
more modern version of ghostscript it has renamed many of these for dos
compatibility(see the fontmap file).  Whereas textfmt uses the old style
long names, ie you need both.

The afm files are available ftp.sgi.com site

PS if any of the above is wrong someone say.

PPS I've put together a preliminary port for hylafax to HP 10.20 in HP's
depot format, just use swinstall and then follow /opt/hylafax/INSTALL
	see http://www.trump.net.au/~rjc/hylafax/

- Robert

At 21:07 27/01/98 +0000, martinohara@lucent.com wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Anyone out there know of a workaround for the following symptoms
>with Hylafax. Im running hylafax-v4.0pl1 on HP_UX10.20 with gcc2.7.2.3
>compiler. My modem is multitech data/fax 33k.
>
>I can successfully send a postscript file to a fax machine. However If I
>try to send an ascii text file all I see is a black page. I have
>used textfmt by hand to translate the file into postscript and viewed it
>using ghostscript and it shows me also a black page.
>If I look at the tiger.ps file in ghostscript I can see it and also I
>can send it to fax machine with hylafax.
>
>So obviously the problem is with textfmt. Are there any config params I
>must set up for textfmt to work correctly
>

>Any help would be much appreciated
>

>regards
>/Martin

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions