query "merged session logs" in faxcron

There is a little piece of the faxcron that I do not
understand.

It  has to do with the part that is supposed to:
 "Truncate merged session logs older than $AGELOG days:"

My questions:  What is a "merged session log" and should faxcron
be processing them?

By way of background:

1.  This "feature" isn't mentioned in faxcron(8)
2.  This "feature" does print out a header when faxcron is run.
3.  As best as I can tell, it is programmed in such a way that
    it NEVER will run. (but I will not trouble the reader with that
    part until finding out whether it is even needed.)

Cheers,
  Seth

--
seth@psy.au.dk