Re: HFAXD access control

Jonathan Chen wrote:

    > For Matthias and others who are tired of this issue, I warn you now
    > that this is an old argument and probably boring as spit.

    [stuff about hosts, et al]

    Nah, it's always entertaining to hash out the arguments for hosts vs
    not-hosts!

    FWIW, it's a fairly even toss between agreeing with you and Matthias.
    Leaving it as hosts is always a fairly good test of the sysadmin to see
    whether they actually read the docs.  :-)
That's exactly what my message was: If one is mixing up /etc/hosts
with HylaFAX's ${SPOOL}/etc/hosts he/she perhaps didn't read the
pages describing the HylaFAX software in general (e.g. hylafax(1)
and hylafax(4F)) and perhaps shouldn't use the software at all
(keep in mind that a misconfigured HylaFAX faxsend(1M) daemon can
cause a lot of phone calls and may even cost a lot of yours or other
people's money).

	matthias

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions