Further LOGs from AT+FDIS problems

I have looked extensively through the mailing list archives today and have
found a pattern and understand mroe about this whole FDIS session
parameter/Class 2 support of FDIS subject now. However, one thing jumps out
at me and that is, if for example the modem I have got does not support
class2 FDIS commands correctly, then surely using the 2DDIS command string
should set the session paramters up prior to dialling - or have I
understood this incorrectly ?? I have experimented with the 2DDIS parameter
and seem to eternally get the problem whereby after dialling the modem
seems to negotiate with the machine at the other end and then sends an FDIS
string which results in an error.

Surely there must be a simple way of resolving this issue - apart from
going out and buying another modem that is !!

--------------------
Resistance is Futile
--------------------
 ---o^o---    ( Conrad EJ Gonsalves aka hawkmoon@mail.bogo.co.uk )
|    X    |              The Keeper of Tanelorn
 ---[o]---                     Check out my
    ! !                          WEB SITE
    ! !                        - Tanelorn -
    ! !                    The Last Resting Place
    !_!                    * www.tanelorn.co.uk *

Please CC replies to my hawkmoon email address as well as my work email
address. Many thanks ....

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions