Re: Fax-in with different users

Kai Schmidt wrote:

    On 02.01.98, 16:01:02   wrote:

    > Thorsten Krian wrote:

    > Don't know if the Siemens HICOM supports an internal So bus (perhaps),
    > if it does you may check my answer in the mailing-list archive

    Yes! It does, you need a special card in the Hicom for this, but faxing with
    ISDN and UNIX is IMHO not possible.

That's wrong. The ZyXEL Elite 2864I TA/modem hybrid can be connected
directly to an ISDN So bus and can speak ISDN protocols (HDLC, X.75, ...)
and also voice-band data/fax protocols. I'm using it and it works.
Trust me :-))

    There has to be another solution, one
    way is to write a script analysing the sender of the document and then send
    the fax to a special printer.

The 2864I offers together with the RING message the called MSN and
the calling party MSN (if available). You may pick them up from
the session logs and use it for routing.

	matthias

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions