Re: USR14.4,Class1,Hylafax v4.0,pl0 running in Italy on DEC unix

>    "Invalid dialing command"  after the ATDT... command.

I had this trouble for a long time too and found that this was due to
the german BZT restrictions of the USRobotis modem. You may disable
them by: ATS40=7

            S40        Germany: disable various BZT restrictions
               .0      disable calling tone
               .1      disable blacklisting
               .2      enable ATA, ATH1
               .3-.7   reserved

After this change I have no problem since about 1 year.

Ado

  Heinz-Ado Arnolds                              arnolds@ifns.de
  IFNS GmbH                                      +49 2234 18520  (voice)
  Max-Planck-Strasse 37, 50858 Koeln, Germany    +49 2234 185265 (fax)

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions