Re: Modem reset troubles

Zach Tippit wrote:

    It seems that either hfaxd or faxsend does not reset my modem after

hfaxd(1M) does not chat with the modem at all.

    sending a  fax; If I send one it goes fine, but the next one will not work
    until I do "echo "atz" > /dev/modem" and then force the queue.  Is there
    any way to make this happen automagically after sending a fax?

You didn't give much information about your installation.
Do you run faxgetty(1M) also or do you run a so called "send
only mode" w/o faxgetty(1M)? If you run faxgetty(1M) enable
the serverTracing to see how it's chating with the modem
and what the problem is. If you don't run faxgetty(1M)
collect a session trace to see why faxsend(1M) can't
initialize the modem correctly.

I'ld recommend using faxgetty(1M) anyway.

	matthias

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions