Using Hylafax with Winword mail merge

I tried to post on this subject before but took a wrong translation of the
"Seriendruck" term of my German Winword version. I´m sorry for having
caused a misunderstanding.

This is a question related to connecting Winword to a HylaFax server:
I want to use the Winword mail merge feature in order to send multiple
faxes in one run. WHFC seems not to be a solution for this, since this can
only send ONE fax at a time. I have a vage idea how this could be done,
however, one step is missing:

The Winword mail merge feature can send emails with an DOC-type file
attachment to email addresses taken from the mail merge database table. I
could encode the fax number in the email address. The unix side mail server
then could decode the fax number and pass the file attachment on to
HylaFax. However, the DOC must be translated to PS or TIFF first.

Is there a know solution for this?
Or is there a totally different approach to solve this application?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--Karl

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions