Re: Hylafax - fax user defined in passwd

On Thu, 13 Nov 1997, Nico Garcia wrote:

Yup, I darn killed it. And then erased all configuration files created
during install, then reinstalled hylafax from the distribution.
Ran faxsetup, ran faxmodem, back to abnormal:

Can't use sendfax from command prompt without a password.

The strange thing is that I had this working with the very first install!!
What threw me off is that snnp takes the same port as stronghold.  So I
reinstalled hylafax without the snnp and moved stronghold to another port.

When I look at the dir with the faxes that went out previously, they
report as being sent as "nobody@myhostname.com".  Which tells me there is
some kind of permissions problem here with some of the dirs and files
owned by "fax".

REgards
Eddie

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions