Re: Setting outbound defaults on fax->mail

Depending on how you are doing the gateway, you need to create these
switches on the command lines of both faxmail and sendfax. Faxmail
controls the font (-f and -p), while sendfax controls resolution (-m =
fine), and mail notification (-DR). The -DR notifies both a re-queue as
well as success or failure...

/usr/local/bin/faxmail -n -f Courier-Bold -p 12 |
/usr/local/bin/sendfax -DR -m -d 'joe@5551212' (probably other switches
here like -f 'From Address <from@from.com>')

Ben

On Wed, 29 Oct 1997, Lou Katz wrote:

> I am running hylafax-v4.0pl1 on BSD/OS2.1 with sendmail-8.8.7.
> The mail-to-fax gateway works fine (i.e. mail joe@5551212.fax causes a
> fax to be sent to 5551212 addressed to joe).
>
> I want three things to happen by default, but can't figure out where
> to put the flags, etc.
>
> 1. Use fine mode.
> 2. Use a particular body font for the message (the courier comes out
>    too light).
> 3. Mail notify the sender on success as well as failure.
>
> Hints or pointers to the proper man pages appreciated. I have read
> the docs many times, and if the info is there, I didn't recognize it.
>

> -=[Lou Katz]=-

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions