Re: Doneq and Killed Faxes

On 30-Oct-97 Matthias.Apitz@SOFTCON.de wrote:
>Patrick Gardella wrote:
>
>    I've got a local only email - fax gateway.  Works wonderfully, so no
>    problem there.
>
>    I am working on a perl script to handle all the faxes that can't be sent
>    for whatever reason, and print them to a laser printer for snail mail
>    delivery.  This script works well for "normal" errors (no answer, phase
>    B errors, etc).
>
>    But it does not work for faxes that are killed at the killtime.   They
>    are not moved to the doneq directory, as far as I can tell.
>
>I've just run a test and the jobs are moved to the spool/doneq
>if killtime arrived.
>
>    I emulate the faxqclean program (As best I can) to accomplish what I want.
>  I search the doneq directory for a "status" line that is non-empty.  Any that
>    have a string get printed.  That, again, works just fine.
>
>The "status:" line in the spool/doneq/q#### is empty (I'll have a look
>at the code if this should be changed).

It would certainly help *me* if it should!  This is not one of the typical uses
for the doneq, since many people will be sending from their other systems, and
could just resend when they get the email saying it didn't go.

I've got killtime as +3 days, so it doesn't happen that often (only twice in
4 months).

>    But is there anyway to know what faxes have been killed?  I get the error
>    messages by email (example below), but I want to automate this printing as
well.

>    I appreciate the hints/help!
>
>One thing that could be checked is the tts: and killtime: lines
>and check if tts >= killtime (which isn't really waterproof);

I'll implement it this way for now.  It's better to get two copies of the fax,
instead of none.

Thanks for the help.

Patrick

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions