Re: Capabilities (mult phone #s, attachments)

Dennis Lovelady wrote:

    Hi, Fax Folks:  :^)

    I am new to this list.  I have searched the FAQ and the documentation
    .php files, and have not found the answers to some key capability
    questions.  If I have simply done a bad job of searching, please let
    me know (flame suit is ready).  Thanks.

    I have just downloaded HylaFAX 4.0P11, AIX415, GhostScript 3.33.
                                       ^^

BTW: It's not 11 (eleven), it's pl1 (read v4.0pl1 as "version four dot
null patch level one"); I've seen this allready verry often, maybe
because many terminal fonts show a "l" (letter l) similar als "1"
(number one);

    I would like to know if the following capabilities are available:
       o Fax to list-of-numbers, where the second (and third?) will
         only be used if the first number fails

No.

       o Selection from choice of cover pages made by submitter

Yes. See man pages of sendfax(1) and faxcover(1);

       o Include attachments (text and/or graphics)  (How?)

No. Preparing the layout of the pages is not the job of HylaFAX.
HylaFAX takes TIFF of PostScript to send it away and has
only some small support for transfering ASCII text (or e-mail
with attachments) into PostScript (see textfmt(1) and faxmail(1));

	matthias

    I hope to implement the client as a 'printer,' with a set of
    instructions in the first line(s), including recipient, phone
    number (list), list of attachments, notification e-mail address,
    etc.  I don't really know how I will pull that off at this time,
    but that is my hope.

    The first implementation, is a Purchase-Order system (canned
    [Oracle Applications]), and that application doesn't have any
    sort of 'word processing' interface capabilities, so I fear this
    may be problematic.  Anyway, the idea is that the buyer will complete
    the purchase order form, and select a print destination which would
    be one of:
        Print only
        Print and Fax
        Fax only

    Any advice you may have in these regards for an AIX system would be
    most appreciated.

    Thanks for you time
    Dennis Lovelady

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions