Re: fix for "Can not open document"

Hi Matthias,

I just download Hylafax V4.0pl1 into my IBM PowerPC running AIX 4.2 with
gcc 2.7.2 and ghostscript 4.02.

I compiled and installed the package without any problem (without your
patch). But I cannot reproduce the 'Cannot open document file' problem.

I issued the command : sendfax -n -d 1111 -d 2222 doc.ps
and made the line 1111 busy. I found that the server did the  conversion
ps2fax twice (once for each FAX). Therefore there is no "cannot open
document file" problem. But I think this is another problem because
the conversion is done once for each destination, this will waste a lot
of CPU resource ! Do you think that I have made any mistake in my
installation ?

Also from the 'syslog' file, I found an error from faxgetty every time
before each dispatch :
Faxgetty [12345]: ANSWER: Can not lock modem device.
but the document was dispatched without errors. Does this imply any
potential porblem ?

Thank you .

K.S.Wat SSA(D)12
Computer Division,
Hong Kong Observatory.

> Hi,
>
> attached below is what I think should be the fix for the
> "Can not open document problem". Please run tests for this.
> I'm still working on some HTML && doc changes and RCS freezing
> and could release the v4,0pl2 beta if this patch fixes the problem.
>
> 	matthias
>

> *** faxSendApp.c++.orig	Sun Oct 19 10:02:37 1997
> --- faxSendApp.c++	Sun Oct 26 07:27:19 1997
> ***************
> *** 251,259 ****
>   {
>       FaxSendInfo si(req.requests[fi].item, req.commid, req.npages,
>   	getFileTransferTime(), getClientParams());
> -     sendJobStatus(req.jobid, "D%s", (const char*) si.encode());
>
>       FaxServer::notifyDocumentSent(req, fi);
>   }
>
>   /*
> --- 251,262 ----
>   {
>       FaxSendInfo si(req.requests[fi].item, req.commid, req.npages,
>   	getFileTransferTime(), getClientParams());
>
>       FaxServer::notifyDocumentSent(req, fi);
> +
> +     // NB: there is a racing with the scheduler and we should delay
> +     //     the FIFO message to scheduler until we renamed the document
> +     sendJobStatus(req.jobid, "D%s", (const char*) si.encode());
>   }
>
>   /*
> --
> firm: matthias.apitz@sisis.de [voc:+49 89 61308 351, fax: +49 89 61308 188]
> priv: guru@thias.muc.de
>  WWW: http://www.sisis.de/~guru/ OR http://www.guug.de/GUUG/firmen/apitz/
>
> "We don't care.  We don't have to.  You'll buy whatever we ship, so why bother?
>  We're Microsoft."

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions