Some more thoughts on rpm

I hope the following appraoch will meet everybody's concerns.
I will write the rpm documentation as follows:

	Once the rpm is installed, run 'faxsetup'. 'faxsetup'
	invokes another script in turn 'faxaddmodem'. If you don't
	experience problems like modem hanging, you most probably
	have a close to working version. Check if you are able to send
	and receive faxes. If there is any problem, time to look at
	the config files. There are two of them
	/var/spool/hyla/etc/config and
	/var/spool/hyla/etc/config.modem. Do a 'man config' and get
	an overview of all the parameters that can go in there. Try
	changing them.

	If your modem hangs during 'faxaddmodem', you might want
	to attempt a manual setup. copy the files
	config, config.modem, setup, and setup.modem from
	<to be specified directory> to /var/spool/hyla/etc.
	Look at /var/spool/hyla/config and see what looks closest
	to your modem. Adjust the config parameters through trial
	and error.

Ramana

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions