Re: Hylafax rpm issues

Bill Suetholz writes:
 > Is there any way in the install phase of a RPM to ask for destination
 > locations for the runtime programs?  If so maybe something could be done
 > about the changing from "fax" to "hyla".  Some(Most?) installers would
 > like the option of being able to control the destination of add on
 > packages like HylaFAX.

That is called a relocatable rpm. While it is possible, the Makefile
and all the shell scripts should be written with rpm relocation in
mind. Hylafax gives options at the compile time where the directories
should go. Making it relocatable involves changing the Makefile and
perhaps some scripts too. I want to limit my role to compiling
Hylafax with configure --with-<whatever-option>.

To summarize, it can probably be done but some effort is required.

Ramana

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions