Re: Hylafax rpm issues

I fully agree with all your points, as I was seeing the emails on the
RPM I was thinking of the nightmare that it was going to create on
the users. If they have gotten confused for the warning messages on
egetty...... That is only a hook...

I didn't intervene in the discussion because I thought that it was an
effort sponsored (at least spiritually by Sam).

Please feel free to post this if you see it fit.

On another token, who is working on the patch? Why? I am having a
problem while using egetty. After returning and after hylafax starts
to answer in fax mode, I get a write error when hylafax attempts to
write to the modem and then it apparently quits answering in fax mode
and goes to reset the modem and wait for call again. In my real time
experience, I never try to deal with hardware like modems only once,
I would suggest that we should attempt to do Sys::write(fd,.....  ,
at least 10 times with 1 ms intervals if an error is reported by the
system. In my case it is reporting errno 5 (busy resource). Similarly
when the modem reports a response that is not the expected one,
hylafax could be made more robust if the unsuccessful command is sent
at least five times. Don't ask me why, but I've seen USR modems
require this at times to respond to a command, the instances that I
saw were during voice command mode.

By the way, I am using hylafax 4.0pl1, and before I start changing
the source I would like to know if this has been fixed or if it will
be fixed in the patch.

Thanks in advance for your consideration of my questions!

Best regards,

Julio C. Spinelli
Professor EE dpt. UMN

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions